Indian railways are among the cheapest and most convenient mode of transportation, with more than 4.2 million passengers travelling every day. It is a place where people from different cultures and with more extensive choices have to meet. Food sharing is a common practice among Indians. But food is becoming a significant concern for train journeys which last over 12 hours. The supply of food is no longer a big problem due to advancing technological leaps. You can order food online in trains in advance.
There is no need to pack food for a long train journey or short train journeys when you can get hot and delicious meals delivered to your seat or berth. Online food delivery market of India has acted as a reform for the food system in Indian railways. It’s the time to stay away from the anxiety of last-minute cooking food for the train ride and enjoy your train journey by ordering food on the train using your mobile anytime, anywhere. One of the IRCTC authorized E-Catering vendors is RailRestro which serves delectable food from over 1000s of restaurants. Online food delivery in train apps gives you many reasons for ordering food in train online.
Just use the app to order from the comfort of your train seat. Make sure to place your order in advance through the official website to get your favourite meal delivered to you on-time!
How Online Food Delivery Is Best for Trains
- Hygienic Food Options: Ordering healthy food in train is a significant concern for everyone while savouring food in train. IRCTC takes care of food services in trains that are delivered only from the approved restaurants. With the IRCTC E-Catering service, one can rest assured of the quality of food served on the train. E-catering IRCTC service ensures that all food vendors associated with IRCTC strictly follow the FSSAI guidelines. The food and the ingredients incorporated in the food are fresh and hygienic.
- Extensive Food Menu Choices: Online food ordering by train offers a broader range of menu choices for every traveller. It includes varieties of options to order food in trains from Jain food, Chinese, Continental to pure veg Indian food. You can taste the flavour of India while travelling on the train. You can order anything and everything from local favourites to international dishes through the extensive IRCTC E-Catering food menu. Choose IRCTC E-Catering if you’re craving for a delicious South Indian Thali, a bowl of authentic Italian pasta, lip-smacking chocolate cake, or order pizza on the train at any point during your train journey.
- On-Seat Delivery: Food delivery via RailRestro is served on customers’ berth or train seat at no extra delivery charges. It helps every traveller to avoid the hassle of getting off from the train to buy food and other mishaps during the journey.
Must Read: 10 Best Food on Train to Order Online
- Strict quality maintenance: Strict quality norms are maintained to ensure customer satisfaction. From safe packaging to excellent food taste, everything is tested for quality approval. The commitment is to offer the best quality food to the passengers along with the superb taste.
- Avoid unhygienic and overpriced food at platforms: The food vendors on stations and platforms usually charge extra for the food. You have no option left but to buy the food at that rate. But due to the advancement of technology, IRCTC online ordering of food on the train ensures price transparency and value for money. E-catering services for food on the train take into consideration the passenger’s budget and offers food at reasonable rates. You can also avail the offers and coupons provided by E-catering partner, RailRestro and slash your bill.
- Proper packaging: You will get your food delivery in the train in properly sealed packets to avoid any leakage. It provides your food at your train seat or berth to ensure you have a pleasant experience.
- Easy to order: With three different options available for ordering, you can choose the option as per your convenience. You can order through the RailRestro website or use RailRestro app. The app can be easily accessed through your mobile or a tablet to place orders on the go. Alternatively, you can place an order by making a call on 8102202203.
- Hassle-free payments options: IRCTC E-Catering offers passengers with multiple payment options. You can either complete your payment online using a debit card, credit card, net-banking, UPI, or opt for a ‘cash on delivery’ feature as per your convenience.
- Easy refunds: If you want to cancel your order you can cancel it easily within a specific period. Upon cancellation of your order, the refund will be issued in your account within the next three working days.
So, no need to overload the extra luggage of carrying food while travelling by train, as you can order food online of your choice. So next time you plan to travel by train, try ordering food online via RailRestro. Enjoy a ride with tasty delicacies served right at your berth.